9/19/15

Stones Neil Diamond 1971

Neil Diamond - Stones


Neil Diamond - Stones may not be the best example of Niel's work but is a pretty good album. Yes, it has a supple layer of cheese and he may have only written 2 of the tracks on the album, but he is a pro and always pulls of each track with his smooth, soulful tones. The songs that he did write are some of the real Gems on the Album. "I am...I said" is a super classic and is cannon fodder for Karaoke singers everywhere. So much so that Neil Diamond does a reprise on side B. Another favorite track is "Chelsea Morning," which was written by Joni Mitchell but Neil takes a good song and makes it his own. So much so that somebody I know named their daughter after the song. This is a good album to listen to on a sunny morning as you are getting ready to go prune some rose bushes. The record Neil Diamond - Stones is worth a listen.






Side one
No. Title Writer(s) Length
1. "I Am...I Said" Neil Diamond 3:32
2. "The Last Thing on My Mind" Tom Paxton 3:31
3. "Husbands and Wives" Roger Miller 3:54
4. "Chelsea Morning" Joni Mitchell 2:32
5. "Crunchy Granola Suite" Neil Diamond 3:14
Side two
No. Title Writer(s) Length
1. "Stones" Neil Diamond 3:02
2. "If You Go Away" Jacques Brel, Rod McKuen 3:47
3. "Suzanne" Leonard Cohen 4:41
4. "I Think It's Gonna Rain Today" Randy Newman 2:36
5. "I Am...I Said (Reprise)" Neil Diamond 2:33