8/26/11

open the gate

whole movie loaded in HQ. "Straight Time" (1978): Dustin Hoffman plays a life-long robber fresh out of jail. has the best 'heist' sequence ever, but it's not about action -- it's about desperation Straight Time is an amazing film directed by Ulu Grosbard and starring Dustin Hoffman as Max Dembo, a lifelong thief recently released from prison. The film is based on Edward Bunker's semi-autobiographical novel, No Beast So Fierce. Bunker, best known for his role as Mr. Blue, in Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs (1992), is featured as Dembo's longtime confidant, Mickey. The film also features M. Emmet Walsh, Gary Busey, Harry Dean Stanton, Kathy Bates and touching performance by Theresa Russell as Jenny Mercer. Originally intended to be directed by Hoffman, the film's screenplay was written by Jeffery Boam, Alvin Sargent and Bunker. It's also the film debut of actor Jake Busey (age 6). Straight Time is one of my all time favorites. I know I always say that, but I mean it with all my heart. I know it's already been posted, but here it is in it's original theatrical aspect ratio. "No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity. But I know none, and therefore am no beast." -William Shakespeare (The Tragedy of King Richard III) part 2>>>> thanks to uploader who has good taste. many other movies.