8/21/11

Intangible Asset Number 82

Looking back now, I don’t know how I lived like that. But I believe in reincarnation, and I believe I was born with this destiny.

- Bae Il-Dong (Korean Pansori singer, recalling the seven years he spent living by a waterfall learning to sing)

What lengths will people go to for their music? How do they discover the tools of self-expression and develop an individual voice? Where does the calling come from? What does it mean to be a musician in modern times?

Tackling these questions and more, Australian singer Emma Franz documents long time friend and colleague, Simon Barker – an Australian drummer acclaimed as one of the most persuasive and individual voices in drumming today – as he searches for enigmatic Korean Shaman, Kim Seok-Chul; a man he believes to be one of the world’s great improvisers.

more

thx anon