9/19/09

Teenage Vocals Extraordinaire

Red Cross- Annette's Got The Hits Here is the first Red Cross ep, from before the spelling change in the name and from before they added other influences. This is fantastic early SoCal punk. Six songs. All classics. The songs on here are so good. The highlights are 'I Hate My School' with the memorable opening bass line and 'S&M Party' with its killer guitar lines. This has always been one of my favorites and I hope you like it too! Enjoy the music! Whole EP on one youtube clip! Only Southern California (Hawthorne, actually) could have bred brothers Steven (bass/vocals) and Jeffrey (vocals/guitar) McDonald, who drove onto the LA punk scene as adolescents in 1980 singing merry jingles about culture icons and local clothing stores. Moving through a series of lineups. (the first had future Black Flag member Ron Reyes and future Circle Jerk Greg Hetson) RED CROSS 12" 01. Cover Band 02. Annette's Got the Hits 03. I Hate My School 04. Clorox Girls 05. S&M Party 06. Standing In Front of Poseur Label: Posh Boy Records Cat #: PBS 1010 Format: 12" Released: 1980 The music is here...(Vinyl is key for this EP...yet, alas!)