4/1/07

"Peace Of Mind"

"The Unified Power of Peace" "There is no conventional defense against terrorism... Inner peace is the basis of outer peace. War begets war; for peace, use peace." Dr. John Hagelin at the David Lynch Weekend (March 26, 2006) John Hagelin is a practitioner and teacher of Transcendental Meditation. He was a candidate for President of the United States three times. He was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He was a theoretical physicist specializing in superstring theory and an electronic designer of high-end audio equipment prior to becoming a professor at the Maharishi University of Management. Hagelin is a follower of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and a co-founder of the Natural Law Party, an entity created by the Maharishi's followers. Hagelin was its Presidential candidate in 1992, 1996 and 2000. In the 2000 Presidential election, Hagelin was also nominated by the Perot faction of the Reform Party, which disputed the nomination of Pat Buchanan. In the 2004 primary elections, Hagelin endorsed Democratic candidate Dennis Kucinich. MORE FROM WIKI Note: Don't be afraid of his physical resemblance to 'John Darker'. (Famous singer personality known for his stellar medley's) Also the outgoing music theme has a strange resemblence to 'Welcome Back Kotter'. These are amazing ideas, yet so simple, if you really believe in peace. (Of course that's easy for me to say when my home is not being bombed at this moment nor is my family been murdered) I believe that most of the westrn world is afraid of meditation or they just disregard it as silly ways of 'the old world'. I do not speak for all, of course, but I for one am in need for my own meditations. People I know that do meditate just seem more grounded. And yes, peace seems always to be at the forefront. Group meditation seems a good thing and has nothing to do with the brainwashing horrors of many western 'spiritual' masses. It's a personal thing yet uses the collective ideas of peace. (I'm no authourity and I'm just beginning to start with my own routine so please correct me if I'm wrong)